Sutton Ladies Put Their Best Boob Forward For Charity
A GROUP of friends from Sutton donned their walking boots and bras on Saturday morning to raise money for the Breast Cancer Research charity. They organised the Sutton Dawn Walk as a local version of the national Moonwalk events which raise money for brea
A GROUP of friends from Sutton donned their walking boots and bras on Saturday morning to raise money for the Breast Cancer Research charity.
They organised the Sutton Dawn Walk as a local version of the national Moonwalk events which raise money for breast cancer charities and has been made famous by the trend for women who take part to wear their bras on the outside of their T-shirts.
"We were keen to walk together and to raise money for breast cancer charities," said organiser Debbie Smith.
"All of us have been affected by this illness in some way - either directly or through supporting friends and family who have the disease. We also want to raise awareness of the importance of regular checks to ensure early diagnosis. Walking the 13-mile route from Sutton has meant the many more people joined in than if we had gone all the way to London."
You may also want to watch:
The walk took the ladies through the villages of Wentworth, Coveny, Mepal, Sutton Gault and Wardy Hill and finally back to Sutton for breakfast.
The group, who call themselves Best Boob Forward, regularly walk together at the weekends. Last year the ladies raised £3,000 for Breast Cancer Research and they hope to have equalled that amount at this year's event.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
INFO: if you would like to make a donation, go to: www.justgiving.com/bestboobsforward.
Pic cap. The walkers after the walk around Sutton.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE