Aerial photos show blaze that destroyed barn, workshop and car
- Credit: Archant
Aerial photos show the scale of a blaze that destroyed a barn, workshop and car in East Cambridgeshire.
Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service teams were called to the barn fire in Sutton Gault at around 3.15pm on Tuesday August 4.
Crews from Ely, Chatteris, March and Huntingdon arrived at Bedingham’s Drove to find a barn well alight, spreading to another workshop and a car.
Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used two hose reels to extinguish the fire.
Crews returned to their stations by 7.15pm, before being reinspected later in the evening.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire was accidental.
• Sutton Gault is a part of the parish of Sutton-in-the-Isle. The name derives from the gault clay that has been extracted from there.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
• The villag of Sutton-in-the-Isle was mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086, identified as Sudtone.