Aerial photos show blaze that destroyed barn, workshop and car
- Credit: Archant
Aerial photos show the scale of a blaze that destroyed a barn, workshop and car in East Cambridgeshire.
Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service teams were called to the barn fire in Sutton Gault at around 3.15pm on Tuesday August 4.
Crews from Ely, Chatteris, March and Huntingdon arrived at Bedingham’s Drove to find a barn well alight, spreading to another workshop and a car.
Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used two hose reels to extinguish the fire.
Crews returned to their stations by 7.15pm, before being reinspected later in the evening.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire was accidental.
• Sutton Gault is a part of the parish of Sutton-in-the-Isle. The name derives from the gault clay that has been extracted from there.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 6 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 9 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
- 10 OPINION: We are not the Covid 'police' but sometimes we feel like it
• The villag of Sutton-in-the-Isle was mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086, identified as Sudtone.