Sutton Garden Club members donate £169 to Priors Field Surgery to help buy a dermatoscope
- Credit: Archant
Members of Sutton Garden Club donated £169 to Priors Field Surgery at their September meeting.
The money, raised from the club’s 25th anniversary village show which was held in July, was presented to Rosie Trollope representative, on behalf of the surgery.
The money will be put towards buying a dermatoscope for the surgery.
After the presentation, Mrs Pam Golding gave a demonstration of flower arranging with a harvest theme.
Eleanor Monk, honorary secretary, said: “We were delighted with the success of the show and the amount raised.”
You may also want to watch:
“The demonstration was greatly enjoyed, too.”
The Sutton Garden Club, founded in 1997, is dedicated to the following objectives: to encourage interest in all phases of home gardening, promote better horticultural practices and use the acquired skills and knowledge of the membership to benefit the town and residents through community projects and to promote a spirit of good will.
- 1 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 9 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
For more information about the club visit their website www.suttongardenclub.com or call 01353 778423, 07790573424 or email firstname.lastname@example.org