Sutton Garden Club members donate £169 to Priors Field Surgery to help buy a dermatoscope
- Credit: Archant
Members of Sutton Garden Club donated £169 to Priors Field Surgery at their September meeting.
The money, raised from the club’s 25th anniversary village show which was held in July, was presented to Rosie Trollope representative, on behalf of the surgery.
The money will be put towards buying a dermatoscope for the surgery.
After the presentation, Mrs Pam Golding gave a demonstration of flower arranging with a harvest theme.
Eleanor Monk, honorary secretary, said: “We were delighted with the success of the show and the amount raised.”
“The demonstration was greatly enjoyed, too.”
The Sutton Garden Club, founded in 1997, is dedicated to the following objectives: to encourage interest in all phases of home gardening, promote better horticultural practices and use the acquired skills and knowledge of the membership to benefit the town and residents through community projects and to promote a spirit of good will.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 4 Replacement home not good enough says council
- 5 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 6 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 7 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 8 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 9 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 10 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
For more information about the club visit their website www.suttongardenclub.com or call 01353 778423, 07790573424 or email email@example.com