Sutton festival offering the best in local talent
SUTTON Church is gearing up for its fifth annual beer and music festival, offering a range of local beers and some home grown talent that includes jazz, rock and even a brass band.
The beer festival will run from Thursday, June 21, until Saturday, June 23 – and the next day the tempo will change, with Soham Comrades Band set to play a Last Night of the Proms-style concert, with plenty of flag waving and rousing patriotic music.
This year’s beer festival will see an increased in the range of beers on offer, longer opening hours, and the introduction of a Saturday afternoon family session with a barbecue.
The beer festival music line up includes jazz on Thursday night from Jump ‘n Jive Jazz, and on Friday Dodgy Bob will perform rock covers.
Saturday’s family session will run from midday to 5pm, and the evening entertainment will be provided by Moon After Sundown
You may also want to watch:
Breweries providing the beer will include Fellows at Cottenham, and Buntingford at Royston, and local ciders will come from Pickled Pig and Hereward. Local wines will come from Elysian Fields and Chilford Hall
Entry to evening sessions is just �3, and Saturday’s family session is free entry. All profits go to St Andrew’s Church Restoration Fund
- 1 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 8 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
For more information see: www.suttonbeerfest.org.uk <http://www.suttonbeerfest.org.uk>
Visitors to the band concert on Sunday June 24 at 7.30pm are encouraged to bring along their flags, ready to wave and sing during the rousing programme that will include Land of Hope and Glory and Jerusalem. Tickets on the door cost �5, and refreshments will be available.