Sutton festival offering the best in local talent
SUTTON Church is gearing up for its fifth annual beer and music festival, offering a range of local beers and some home grown talent that includes jazz, rock and even a brass band.
The beer festival will run from Thursday, June 21, until Saturday, June 23 – and the next day the tempo will change, with Soham Comrades Band set to play a Last Night of the Proms-style concert, with plenty of flag waving and rousing patriotic music.
This year’s beer festival will see an increased in the range of beers on offer, longer opening hours, and the introduction of a Saturday afternoon family session with a barbecue.
The beer festival music line up includes jazz on Thursday night from Jump ‘n Jive Jazz, and on Friday Dodgy Bob will perform rock covers.
Saturday’s family session will run from midday to 5pm, and the evening entertainment will be provided by Moon After Sundown
You may also want to watch:
Breweries providing the beer will include Fellows at Cottenham, and Buntingford at Royston, and local ciders will come from Pickled Pig and Hereward. Local wines will come from Elysian Fields and Chilford Hall
Entry to evening sessions is just �3, and Saturday’s family session is free entry. All profits go to St Andrew’s Church Restoration Fund
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 3 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 4 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 5 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 6 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 7 Contractors 'did not follow the brief' when it came to drain maintenance
- 8 Cineworld Ely expected to reopen in May
- 9 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 10 Lunging challenge in boyfriend's memory raises thousands for charity
For more information see: www.suttonbeerfest.org.uk <http://www.suttonbeerfest.org.uk>
Visitors to the band concert on Sunday June 24 at 7.30pm are encouraged to bring along their flags, ready to wave and sing during the rousing programme that will include Land of Hope and Glory and Jerusalem. Tickets on the door cost �5, and refreshments will be available.