Hundreds of festival-goers pack village field for Sutton Feast’s sun-baked Picnic in the Park 2018
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of festival-goers flocked to Sutton’s Pavilion Field at the weekend to catch the acts performing at the village’s Feast event Picnic in the Park 2018.
This year saw five bands take to the stage, including the headliner Iron Fist, for an evening of music on Saturday, September 1.
A spokesman said: “This year the sun shone and hundreds of festival-goers, young and old, came out to enjoy the festivities.”
Local artist Jess Davies opened the show at 3pm and Five Ska, Ady Pope and The Numbers completed the line-up.
Children enjoyed free face painting, henna tattoos and bouncy castle. There was food on offer that was provided by the Sutton Scouts, Sutton Feast and St Andrews Church as well as sweets from Mr Simms.
You may also want to watch:
The event finished off with a firework display that had to be seen to be believed.
The spokesman added: “Onlookers squealed with delight as the sky over Sutton lit up, to a fantastic musical overlay which incorporated a fitting tribute to the anniversary of the end of World War One.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 8 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 9 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 10 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
“This was the best one yet! So many people came out and enjoyed the relaxed party atmosphere created by a wonderful community. “The fireworks provided a fitting climax to a fantastic day! We would like to thank all of our sponsors, volunteers and supporters for making the event so successful.”
For more information, visit: www.suttonfeast.btck.co.uk