Sutton Beast visits children at school ahead of annual 10k and fun run event
- Credit: Archant
The Sutton Beast made a timely visit to meet the students of Sutton Primary School on Friday morning.
The Beast is the character behind the Beast 10K and Mini Beast Fun Run - one of the region’s most popular 10K and fun run events - will return to Sutton on Sunday June 11.
“He is quite a shy beast but was made to feel very welcome by the wonderfully kind students who are now primed to sign up for his Fun Run,” said co-organiser Stuart Green.
“Entrants of all ages are encouraged to enter either race as soon as possible as entries are selling out fast.
“As well as the two runs there are all sorts of other exciting things going on, including live music from Citiglow, Bouncy Slides, a Usain Bolt photo experience, feast BBQ, Women’s Institute refreshments, a Sutton Scouts hamper raffle and much more.
“Bodymode will kick the whole thing off with their fun aerobic warm up and ITV’s Donovan Blake is the host for the day.”
The Sutton Beast starts at 9am, with the Mini Beast Fun Run taking place at 10am and the Beast 10k at 11am.
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 3 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 4 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 5 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 6 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 7 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 8 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 9 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 10 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
All entrants receive medals and 10K competitors will get a limited edition tech Beast t-shirt after they cross the line.
Online entry closes on June 7. For more information and online entry visit: www.suttonbeast.com