Suspicious vehicle prompts police appeal for information
- Credit: Archant
A driver spotted acted suspiciously in an East Cambridgeshire village has prompted an appeal for information from police.
Officers say a dark coloured Hyundai saloon with dark tinted windows has been spotted on several occasions in “suspicious circumstances” in the Bottisham area.
Sue Loaker, from Ely police station, said: “Thanks to the vigilance of a local resident, police were alerted to this vehicle and are now investigating further.
“Should you have sighting of a similar described vehicle in suspicious circumstance in your area or have seen this vehicle parked up in a street or area where it has not been seen before and appears out of place then please contact police on 101.”
The warning comes after police vowed to step up patrols in the wake of a spate of burglaries across East Cambridgeshire.
You may also want to watch:
In the last month thieves have stolen thousands of pounds worth of bespoke bicycles from a business in Wilburton, and a raft of specialist equipment and tools from vans parked in Soham and Littleport.
A ride-on lawnmower police believe was stolen from premises in Littleport was seized from a vehicle in Sutton last week, with one arrest made.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody