SUSPECTS Cru win national streetdance competition
- Credit: Archant
Ely-based streetdance group SUSPECTS Cru have won a national competition.
The group is made up of children and adults who share a love of dance and train at the Paradise Sports Centre.
Six of the group entered a streetdance competition and all six placed in the finals and won in their categories.
Sarah Duzz, director of SUSPECTS Cru, said: “I feel this is such a big achievement for the children and young adults that entered.
“For the past year we have entered three different competitions. Every member that participated placed in the finals and qualified for either the world streetdance championships or the Europeans streetdance championships, which meant they were qualified to represent the UK in the final rounds in Germany.
“I would also like to let the community know that we offer classes for anyone who may like to learn streetdance styles, have fun and maybe perform and compete themselves.”
SUSPECTS Cru offers community classes at Funk It Up Dance Groups, Paradise Sports Centre, Ely on Monday evenings.
- 1 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 2 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 3 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 4 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 5 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 6 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 7 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 8 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
- 9 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 10 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
For more information call 07762 705644 email firstname.lastname@example.org or search Funk It Up Dance Groups on Facebook.