Suspected brothel raided in Ely
TWO women have been cautioned for running a brothel following a raid at an address in Ely.
Officers carried out the warrant in St Mary’s Street shortly after 5pm yesterday (Thursday) following reports that the house was being used as a brothel.
Two women, aged 50 and 43, have been cautioned for managing a brothel used for prostitution.
Both remain in custody at Parkside Police Station, in Cambridge, in connection with suspected immigration offences.
Inspector Paul Ormerod said: “We carried out the warrant following concerns from residents that the house was being used for prostitution.
You may also want to watch:
“Two women were arrested at the address and have since been cautioned for running a brothel.
“Such criminality can have a knock-on negative effect in the community and we will act quickly to tackle any such criminal activity to keep Ely and safe place for people to live and visit.”
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 A10 speed limit reduced at Waterbeach after death of baby Louis Thorold
- 4 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
- 5 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 6 Not breaking news: Vicar has lucky escape, station closes and hotel sold
- 7 Open air theatre is back in Ely this weekend
- 8 Young mum who brought joy to care home dies at 35
- 9 16-year-old among three arrests as birthday party gets out of control
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland