Suspected brothel raided in Ely
TWO women have been cautioned for running a brothel following a raid at an address in Ely.
Officers carried out the warrant in St Mary’s Street shortly after 5pm yesterday (Thursday) following reports that the house was being used as a brothel.
Two women, aged 50 and 43, have been cautioned for managing a brothel used for prostitution.
Both remain in custody at Parkside Police Station, in Cambridge, in connection with suspected immigration offences.
Inspector Paul Ormerod said: “We carried out the warrant following concerns from residents that the house was being used for prostitution.
You may also want to watch:
“Two women were arrested at the address and have since been cautioned for running a brothel.
“Such criminality can have a knock-on negative effect in the community and we will act quickly to tackle any such criminal activity to keep Ely and safe place for people to live and visit.”
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 6 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 7 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 8 More GP surgeries prepare to give Covid-19 vaccinations
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 City runners out to go extra mile for charity cash