Suspected brothel raided in Ely
TWO women have been cautioned for running a brothel following a raid at an address in Ely.
Officers carried out the warrant in St Mary’s Street shortly after 5pm yesterday (Thursday) following reports that the house was being used as a brothel.
Two women, aged 50 and 43, have been cautioned for managing a brothel used for prostitution.
Both remain in custody at Parkside Police Station, in Cambridge, in connection with suspected immigration offences.
Inspector Paul Ormerod said: “We carried out the warrant following concerns from residents that the house was being used for prostitution.
You may also want to watch:
“Two women were arrested at the address and have since been cautioned for running a brothel.
“Such criminality can have a knock-on negative effect in the community and we will act quickly to tackle any such criminal activity to keep Ely and safe place for people to live and visit.”
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 3 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 4 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 5 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 Man charged with armed robbery in Fenland
- 10 Energy provider hopes green approach can take gardening by storm