Surprise birthday treat
A LITTLEPORT pensioner realised her ambition to ride a Harley Davidson motorbike as a surprise treat for her 80th birthday on Saturday. Leni Goodge, pictured, had passed the Harley memorial in the town just days before and said she hoped to ride on one o
A LITTLEPORT pensioner realised her ambition to ride a Harley Davidson motorbike as a surprise treat for her 80th birthday on Saturday.
Leni Goodge, pictured, had passed the Harley memorial in the town just days before and said she hoped to ride on one of the classic bikes one day.
Mrs Goodge's grand-daughter, Jo Hedges, presented her with a card on Saturday with a picture of a Harley Davidson.
"The card said 'you are about to go on the ride of your life'. When I told her she would be on the back of a bike in half an hour her chin hit the floor," Mrs Hedges said.
"She had a whale of a time and waved to her friends en route."
Mrs Hedges thanked Black Bear Harley Davidson in Littleport, who loaned the motorbike free of charge, and family friend Simon Lancefield, also pictured, who rode the bike for the day.
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 3 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 4 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 5 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 6 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 7 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 8 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 9 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 10 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
Mrs Goodge now wants to take a flight in a hot air balloon for her 90th birthday.