Supermarket Giant Sainsbury's Put In Planning Application
SUPERMARKET giant Sainsbury s, has moved forward with plans to open a brand new store in Ely after submitting a formal planning application to East Cambs District Council. The application for the supermarket, set to be built on the site of the old Ely Che
SUPERMARKET giant Sainsbury's, has moved forward with plans to open a brand new store in Ely after submitting a formal planning application to East Cambs District Council.
The application for the supermarket, set to be built on the site of the old Ely Chemical Company on Lisle Lane, was formally submitted earlier this month by London based giant Indigo Planning.
The planning document itself was submitted after a successful period of public consultation held in early May, and contains hundreds of pages of detailed analysis of the site, including archaeological and biodiversity assessments.
Council officers will now asses the plans before deciding whether the application should be recommended for approval by the planning committee. A provisional date of September for the document to go before committee has been set by the council.
The plans can be viewed online at http://pa.eastcambs.gov.uk/PublicAccess/default.aspx
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 4 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 7 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 8 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 9 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?