Supermarket Giant Sainsbury's Put In Planning Application
SUPERMARKET giant Sainsbury s, has moved forward with plans to open a brand new store in Ely after submitting a formal planning application to East Cambs District Council. The application for the supermarket, set to be built on the site of the old Ely Che
SUPERMARKET giant Sainsbury's, has moved forward with plans to open a brand new store in Ely after submitting a formal planning application to East Cambs District Council.
The application for the supermarket, set to be built on the site of the old Ely Chemical Company on Lisle Lane, was formally submitted earlier this month by London based giant Indigo Planning.
The planning document itself was submitted after a successful period of public consultation held in early May, and contains hundreds of pages of detailed analysis of the site, including archaeological and biodiversity assessments.
Council officers will now asses the plans before deciding whether the application should be recommended for approval by the planning committee. A provisional date of September for the document to go before committee has been set by the council.
You may also want to watch:
The plans can be viewed online at http://pa.eastcambs.gov.uk/PublicAccess/default.aspx
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 3 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 4 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say
- 7 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 8 Foodbank receives ‘kind’ cash donation from housebuilder
- 9 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment