Supermarket Giant Sainsbury's Put In Planning Application
SUPERMARKET giant Sainsbury s, has moved forward with plans to open a brand new store in Ely after submitting a formal planning application to East Cambs District Council. The application for the supermarket, set to be built on the site of the old Ely Che
SUPERMARKET giant Sainsbury's, has moved forward with plans to open a brand new store in Ely after submitting a formal planning application to East Cambs District Council.
The application for the supermarket, set to be built on the site of the old Ely Chemical Company on Lisle Lane, was formally submitted earlier this month by London based giant Indigo Planning.
The planning document itself was submitted after a successful period of public consultation held in early May, and contains hundreds of pages of detailed analysis of the site, including archaeological and biodiversity assessments.
Council officers will now asses the plans before deciding whether the application should be recommended for approval by the planning committee. A provisional date of September for the document to go before committee has been set by the council.
You may also want to watch:
The plans can be viewed online at http://pa.eastcambs.gov.uk/PublicAccess/default.aspx
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Police increase patrols after reports of criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 8 Councillor shares 'perfect' vaccine experience to encourage others
- 9 Skipper eyes plans to go one better for village cricketers
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week