Supermarket Giant Sainsbury's Put In Planning Application
SUPERMARKET giant Sainsbury s, has moved forward with plans to open a brand new store in Ely after submitting a formal planning application to East Cambs District Council. The application for the supermarket, set to be built on the site of the old Ely Che
SUPERMARKET giant Sainsbury's, has moved forward with plans to open a brand new store in Ely after submitting a formal planning application to East Cambs District Council.
The application for the supermarket, set to be built on the site of the old Ely Chemical Company on Lisle Lane, was formally submitted earlier this month by London based giant Indigo Planning.
The planning document itself was submitted after a successful period of public consultation held in early May, and contains hundreds of pages of detailed analysis of the site, including archaeological and biodiversity assessments.
Council officers will now asses the plans before deciding whether the application should be recommended for approval by the planning committee. A provisional date of September for the document to go before committee has been set by the council.
You may also want to watch:
The plans can be viewed online at http://pa.eastcambs.gov.uk/PublicAccess/default.aspx
- 1 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 2 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 3 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 8 Jail and criminal behaviour order for woman who spat at police officer
- 9 Community pharmacy teams to offer free Covid-19 test kits
- 10 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years