Super Swaffham duo meet Paddy McGuiness at slimming awards
- Credit: Archant
A pair of Slimming World consultants from Swaffham Prior met comedian and TV presenter Paddy McGuinness at an annual awards ceremony.
Karen Roe and Sharon Heaps were delighted to get a chance to meet Paddy when he co-hosted the Slimming World Awards, with the organisation’s chair and founder Margaret Miles-Bramwell.
Bolton-born Paddy shot to fame in Channel 4 comedy Phoenix Nights alongside school friend Peter Kay before becoming a popular stand-up comedian and TV presenter on shows including ITV1’s Take Me Out.
Paddy said: “I was genuinely amazed to hear about what a difference consultants like Karen and Sharon make to people’s lives. At the ceremony I met lots of people who’d lost incredible amounts of weight and it had totally changed their lives.”
Karen, who also runs a Slimming World group at Ely Beet Sports & Social Club, Lynn Road, every Wednesday and City Of Ely Bowls Club, every Tuesday, said meeting Paddy at the event, held in Birmingham’s International Convention Centre, was the cherry on the top of a great year for slimmers in Swaffham Prior: She said: “Obviously the most important thing of all is that the group have lost weight and improved their health throughout 2013 and I’m so proud of all of my members – many of them have achieved their target weights and been able do things they never thought possible before slimming down.”
You may also want to watch:
Sharon, who runs a Slimming World group in Swaffham Prior every Thursday and Littleport Leisure Centre, every Tuesday, added: “I truly believe that Slimming World is the best way for people to take control of their weight this New Year. Even if they’ve struggled to stick to slimming plans in the past, I know we can help them to make a change for life this time around.”
Call Karen on 07536 087608 or Sharon on 01353 861499 or visit www.slimmingworld.com
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 8 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 9 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 10 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening