Super slimmer ready to show others the way
A SOHAM woman who lost an incredible nine and a half stone has started her own slimming class in the town. Kim Houghton, 49, was inspired to drop from a size 26 to a size 10 while she and partner Stephen were on holiday in the Dominican Republic watching
A SOHAM woman who lost an incredible nine and a half stone has started her own slimming class in the town.
Kim Houghton, 49, was inspired to drop from a size 26 to a size 10 while she and partner Stephen were on holiday in the Dominican Republic watching weddings taking place.
"Stephen turned to me and said 'I think we'll do this next year- get married on the beach'," and I thought: 'no way am I going to be able to get into a dress' - and that just flicked a switch, really."
She joined a Slimming World group, run by Sarah Allen, in April 2003, where she said she "took it half a stone at a time."
You may also want to watch:
In March 2004, Kim was married by the sea in Cuba, in a size 16 dress, but returned home to lose a further two-and-a-half stone.
The secret to her success, she said, was the support from the other members of the group.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
Kim believes one of the best things to come from her weight loss is being asked by her 16-year-old daughter Verity if she could borrow her clothes for college.
"Never ever did I envisage that happening," she said.
She also won her Slimming World Woman of the Year award for 2005.
After being at her target weight for six months, Kim has now decided to start her own Slimming World class, which begins in the new year.
"I would like to help others achieve their goals like I have, and for them to be able to lead better, healthy lives," she said.
Kim started as the new consultant on Monday (January 2) and will be taking classes at 6pm every week at the Pavilion Hall.
INFORMATION: Kim can be contacted about her classes on 01353 721307.