Sunny afternoon enjoyed by dozens at Ely’s Lily House summer fete
- Credit: Archant
It was the perfect summer afternoon for residents at an Ely care home as celebrations were held for their annual summer fete.
Lily House Care Home, in Lynn Road, held the event for residents, staff and family and friends, with all money raised going towards days out.
Up to 100 people attended to sit in the gardens, mingle and enjoy an array of treats on offer.
Kerry Clifton, home manager at Lily House, said: “We had an amazing turnout and it was a beautiful day. We would like to thank everyone for their continued support.
“We had a massive tombola, raffle and cream teas and lots of stalls, games and barbecue.
You may also want to watch:
“It was lovely for the residents to be able to sit outside and see enjoy the afternoon with family and friends. They also loved meeting the Mayor Mike Rouse and Mayoress Cassie.”
Tesco, Hughes Electrical and Cutlacks hardware also supported the fete, which took place on Saturday July 14.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse