Sunny day draws people to enjoy the popular Witchford Church summer fete
- Credit: Archant
The sun drew crowds to another successful summer fete for Witchford Church Fete.
The event was held at the Bedford’s residence in the village and raised hundreds of pounds for church funds.
Featuring Sutton Masque morris dancers the weather helped draw in the crowds.
Bob Wright, of Sutton Masque, said the troupe were growing in size as they perform at a variety of events in the local area.
“We have been going for two and a half years and are going from strength to strength.
You may also want to watch:
“We have a mixed side and are keen to make sure we keep that mix of males and females,” he said.
The group has about 18 members plus musicians and has a new squire, Steve Rule, who has 30 plus years experience and a new foreman Andrew Goodbody, also an experienced morris dancer.
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
If you are interested in booking them at your event or would like to join then contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or on their wordpress blog or Facebook pages.