Summer party at High Street Passage, Ely
- Credit: Archant
Shops in High Street Passage, Ely will join forces to celebrate summer in one of the city’s quirky side streets next week.
Burrows Bookshop, Age UK, The Treasure Chest, UClassy, Postitively Ely, Italian Jewellers, Sew Much To Do and Artichoke Ely are holding a summer street party on August 18 from 3pm till 7pm.
The celebration will include live music, magic, face painting, workshops and demonstrations and children’s storytelling.
There will also be special offers and discounts, ice cream and a fundraising raffle in aid of Ely High Street Passage Charity of the Year, Age UK.
A spokesman said: “Ely High Street Passage is just one of Ely’s treasures, and is lined with original, independent shops that help make visiting Ely a unique and enjoyable experience.
“We want to celebrate summer, say thank-you to everyone who has supported us in the past, and introduce people to the distinctive range of services and products we have on offer - a little street party seemed like the perfect solution.
“Every shop offers something different, and we are working as a team to make sure that our little slice of the city becomes one of the places to visit when people pop into Ely.’
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 4 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 5 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 6 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 7 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 8 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
For further information contact Burrows Bookshop on 01353 669759.