Summer Holidays at Burwell Museum - The time travelling bus is due to depart! First stop: the Romans
- Credit: Archant
School’s out for the summer holidays so why not get involved with Burwell Museum’s family activities and adventures in August?
Every Thursday from 2-5pm the time travelling bus will take visitors on a fun-filled adventure to a different time in the past.
First up: the Romans. On Thursday (August 6), discover how Romans spent their summers with Roman crafts, games and a mystery Centurion challenge!
On Thursday August 13, you and your family have the opportunity to travel back to the 60s. Bring the ‘Flower Power’ and dress up whilst exploring the museum. Plus - it wouldn’t be the 60s if there wasn’t a dazzling disco, so enjoy a boogie in Burwell’s own ‘Cavern Club’.
Organisers will bring the seaside to Burwell Museum on Thursday August 20 with Punch and Judy crafts, penny sweets, dress up and a sand park where you can hunt for seaside treasure!
You may also want to watch:
And the last stop on the time travelling bus are the thrifty 40s on Thursday August 27, with blackout games, building willow dens, old fashioned toys and hunting for enemy planes!
Entrance for adults is £4, £2 for children (under 3s free). One adult goes free with every two children. Free entry for season ticket holders.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'