King’s Ely pupils to exhibit their art and design work at Apex Gallery in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
Art and design students at King’s Ely will be exhibiting their school work at a Suffolk gallery next month.
The pupils have been invited to the exhibition that takes place at the Apex Gallery in Bury St Edmunds on Sunday, October 7.
A spokesman said: “A broad range of fashion and textiles, fine art and photography will be on display, including examples of exam and coursework.
“The exhibition has been organised to celebrate the high quality work produced by students throughout the year groups at King’s Ely Senior.
“The art department at King’s Ely is a thriving, inspiring environment where all students are encouraged to engage fully with the state-of-the-art facilities available.
“The department specialises in fashion and textiles, fine art, sculpture and photography, and students realise ambitious outcomes, regularly achieving some of the highest exam marks in the country.”
In July, the school won the Art and Craft Award at the Education Business Awards.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 5 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 6 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 7 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 8 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 9 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 10 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
The exhibition at the Apex Gallery will be open every day from 10am to 4pm and admission is free.
For more information, visit: www.theapex.co.uk