Successful launch for Hear the Music nighy at The Captain’s Table, Ely
- Credit: Archant
A professional singer-songwriter launched a fortnightly music event in Ely this week.
Romy Gensale bought her Hear the Music night to The Captain’s Table Cruising Restaurant, Cathedral Marina, Waterside on Tuesday.
“The evening was everything I’d hoped it would be,” she said.
“Both audience and musicians were clearly enjoying the shared experience of this quiet and attentive space.
“Gracing this intimate floating restaurant and music venue with their talents were Claudia McKenzie, The Tim Brown Duo (with Jay Greenfield), Susan Rowley, Phil Meers and well-known local artist Jacen Bruce.”
Susan Rowley, of Stowmarket, said of the launch night: “It was a lovely evening; great location, wonderful people. What a varied set of heartfelt creativity. It was a privilege to be a part of it.”
Gill Edwards, of Ely, added: “A perfect evening – great intimate venue and a friendly crowd providing a vibrant and relaxed atmosphere for both guests and a variety of great performers. Ely needs this.”
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 4 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 8 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
- 9 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 10 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
The event is held every second and fourth Tuesday of the month; the next one will take place on September 27 with music from Keith Sadler, Dan Ecclestone, Ruby Muse and Fern Teather.
Any musicians who would like to showcase their original material can contact Romy at www.facebook.com/FogHornProductions or call 07941 862418.