Successful launch for Hear the Music nighy at The Captain’s Table, Ely
- Credit: Archant
A professional singer-songwriter launched a fortnightly music event in Ely this week.
Romy Gensale bought her Hear the Music night to The Captain’s Table Cruising Restaurant, Cathedral Marina, Waterside on Tuesday.
“The evening was everything I’d hoped it would be,” she said.
“Both audience and musicians were clearly enjoying the shared experience of this quiet and attentive space.
“Gracing this intimate floating restaurant and music venue with their talents were Claudia McKenzie, The Tim Brown Duo (with Jay Greenfield), Susan Rowley, Phil Meers and well-known local artist Jacen Bruce.”
You may also want to watch:
Susan Rowley, of Stowmarket, said of the launch night: “It was a lovely evening; great location, wonderful people. What a varied set of heartfelt creativity. It was a privilege to be a part of it.”
Gill Edwards, of Ely, added: “A perfect evening – great intimate venue and a friendly crowd providing a vibrant and relaxed atmosphere for both guests and a variety of great performers. Ely needs this.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
The event is held every second and fourth Tuesday of the month; the next one will take place on September 27 with music from Keith Sadler, Dan Ecclestone, Ruby Muse and Fern Teather.
Any musicians who would like to showcase their original material can contact Romy at www.facebook.com/FogHornProductions or call 07941 862418.