Wine and Cheese tasting was the theme for the April meeting of Ely Inner Wheel which took place in Powchers Hall, Ely Cathedral.
Stephen Bourne, director of the Wine Society spoke informatively and encouraged members to sample a range of wines with different cheeses.
This was followed by a buffet. The evening was well attended by Rotarians from both of the city’s Rotary Clubs as well as other guests. The Tombola also raised funds for charity.
During the evening Robert Barnes took the opportunity to present a cheque for £7,500 to Donna Talbot, director of fundraising for Arthur Rank Hospice for Lisa’s Fund. This also happens to be president Mary Rone’s Charity for the year.
Next meeting will be the annual International Charity fundraising supper in St Mary’s Church Hall on May 24 at 6pm.
You may also want to watch:
For further information contact: 01353 667944
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor