Successful book launch for Ely author Mike Rouse
- Credit: Archant
The Story of Ely, the latest book by local author and historian Mike Rouse, was launched at Burrows Bookshop in Ely.
“The richly illustrated book, published by The History Press, looks at Ely from the earliest times to modern day,” say the bookshop.
“It recalls pivotal events and people that have shaped the city.”
The launch on Thursday was followed by a signing session at Burrows on Saturday.
Annabel Reddick, of Burrows Bookshop, said: “The Burrows shops are part the history of Ely, so it seemed only fitting that we should help Mike celebrate the publication of this lovely book.
You may also want to watch:
“The real joy of The Story of Ely is that it is written by someone who loves the place and the people, and who is himself part of that history.
“We’re very lucky to have people like him keeping local history alive.”
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
The Story of Ely by Mike Rouse is available from Burrows Bookshop for £17.99.