Successful book launch for Ely author Mike Rouse
- Credit: Archant
The Story of Ely, the latest book by local author and historian Mike Rouse, was launched at Burrows Bookshop in Ely.
“The richly illustrated book, published by The History Press, looks at Ely from the earliest times to modern day,” say the bookshop.
“It recalls pivotal events and people that have shaped the city.”
The launch on Thursday was followed by a signing session at Burrows on Saturday.
Annabel Reddick, of Burrows Bookshop, said: “The Burrows shops are part the history of Ely, so it seemed only fitting that we should help Mike celebrate the publication of this lovely book.
“The real joy of The Story of Ely is that it is written by someone who loves the place and the people, and who is himself part of that history.
“We’re very lucky to have people like him keeping local history alive.”
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 4 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 5 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 6 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Poet, Jo, shares poem in memory of sister to mark World Cancer Day
The Story of Ely by Mike Rouse is available from Burrows Bookshop for £17.99.