Successful book launch for Ely author Mike Rouse
- Credit: Archant
The Story of Ely, the latest book by local author and historian Mike Rouse, was launched at Burrows Bookshop in Ely.
“The richly illustrated book, published by The History Press, looks at Ely from the earliest times to modern day,” say the bookshop.
“It recalls pivotal events and people that have shaped the city.”
The launch on Thursday was followed by a signing session at Burrows on Saturday.
Annabel Reddick, of Burrows Bookshop, said: “The Burrows shops are part the history of Ely, so it seemed only fitting that we should help Mike celebrate the publication of this lovely book.
“The real joy of The Story of Ely is that it is written by someone who loves the place and the people, and who is himself part of that history.
“We’re very lucky to have people like him keeping local history alive.”
- 1 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 2 Pair trapped after A142 crash rescued from ditch
- 3 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 4 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 5 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 6 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 7 Councillors left disappointed as decision made on £37m station project
- 8 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 9 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 10 Ely and Cambridge for Neil Hilgrove Colledge recitals
The Story of Ely by Mike Rouse is available from Burrows Bookshop for £17.99.