King’s Ely equestrian success as team qualify for the National Show Jumping Championships
- Credit: Archant
King’s Ely’s equestrian team has qualified for the National Show Jumping Championships held in Bedfordshire.
Adele Shaw, Ryan De Sousa, Katie Cameron and Emily Gredley represented the school in the qualifiers, which were held at the College Equestrian Centre in Keysoe.
Clear rounds from Katie, Emily and Adele in the 90cms class secured the team a first place and a qualification for the National Championships.
Emily and Katie also secured third and fourth places, respectively, as individuals and the team came third in the 1m class.
Manager of the King’s Ely equestrian team, Sue Cameron, said: “Our riders competed extremely well on the day. They were cohesive as a team, which resulted in them securing a place at the National Championships. As ever, we are all extremely proud of their achievements.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, King’s Ely Sixth Form student Phoebe Plumb competed in the British Riding Club’s NAF horse trials qualifiers over the weekend and secured first place after achieving a personal best with a score of 23.
As a result, Phoebe and her ex-racehorse, Transcend, qualified for the National Finals being held in August.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor