King’s Ely equestrian success as team qualify for the National Show Jumping Championships
- Credit: Archant
King’s Ely’s equestrian team has qualified for the National Show Jumping Championships held in Bedfordshire.
Adele Shaw, Ryan De Sousa, Katie Cameron and Emily Gredley represented the school in the qualifiers, which were held at the College Equestrian Centre in Keysoe.
Clear rounds from Katie, Emily and Adele in the 90cms class secured the team a first place and a qualification for the National Championships.
Emily and Katie also secured third and fourth places, respectively, as individuals and the team came third in the 1m class.
Manager of the King’s Ely equestrian team, Sue Cameron, said: “Our riders competed extremely well on the day. They were cohesive as a team, which resulted in them securing a place at the National Championships. As ever, we are all extremely proud of their achievements.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, King’s Ely Sixth Form student Phoebe Plumb competed in the British Riding Club’s NAF horse trials qualifiers over the weekend and secured first place after achieving a personal best with a score of 23.
As a result, Phoebe and her ex-racehorse, Transcend, qualified for the National Finals being held in August.
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 4 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 7 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 8 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 9 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 10 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays