This is the man wanted for questioning by police over thefts from 13 electricity sub stations - including those at Kennett and Burwell
- Credit: Archant
CCTV images of a potential suspect in thefts from 13 electricity sub stations – including two in East Cambridgeshire – have been released by police.
A police spokesman said they wanted to trace the man in connection with the spate of thefts from electricity sub-stations in Cambridgeshire.
The man is wanted for questioning by police in relation to at least 13 thefts of batteries from sub-stations across the county - with incidents of thefts in Toft, Huntingdon, Kennett and Burwell.
The spokesman said “A large number of batteries have been stolen – with crimes also further afield in Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Essex.
“The incidents took place between May and August.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Substantial damage has also been caused to the buildings in order to gain access and carry out the thefts. “
Cambridgeshire Police are keen to identify the man in the CCTV and urge anyone who may know who he is to pass on information by reporting it online at www.cambs.police.uk/report and quote 35/24813/18, or calling 101.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor