Firefighters called out at 4am to ‘deliberate’ motorbike blaze on east Cambs road
- Credit: Google Maps
Firefighters were called out in the early hours of the morning to a motorbike blaze believed to have been started by arsonists.
Crews were called at around 3.50am on Monday (August 24) to Stuntney Causeway in Ely to reports of a motorcycle fire on the road.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “At 3.54am, one crew from Ely was called to a fire in the open on Stuntney Causeway, Ely.
“The crew arrived to find a motorcycle on fire. Firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish the fire, before returning to their station by 4.40am.
“The cause of the fire is believed to be deliberate.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact police by visiting cambs.police.uk to submit an online report or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 7 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 8 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 9 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
- 10 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up