Firefighters called out at 4am to ‘deliberate’ motorbike blaze on east Cambs road
- Credit: Google Maps
Firefighters were called out in the early hours of the morning to a motorbike blaze believed to have been started by arsonists.
Crews were called at around 3.50am on Monday (August 24) to Stuntney Causeway in Ely to reports of a motorcycle fire on the road.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “At 3.54am, one crew from Ely was called to a fire in the open on Stuntney Causeway, Ely.
“The crew arrived to find a motorcycle on fire. Firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish the fire, before returning to their station by 4.40am.
“The cause of the fire is believed to be deliberate.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact police by visiting cambs.police.uk to submit an online report or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k