Stuntney author's all-star adaptation
AN all-star cast, including television favourites Shane Richie and Michelle Collins, will head up a new adaptation of Stuntney-born author John Harding s debut novel on Sunday night (October 8). Mr Harding was born in the village in 1951 and attended So
AN all-star cast, including television favourites Shane Richie and Michelle Collins, will head up a new adaptation of Stuntney-born author John Harding's debut novel on Sunday night (October 8).
Mr Harding was born in the village in 1951 and attended Soham Village College before reading English at St Catherine's College, Oxford.
His first novel - the best-selling What We Did on Our Holiday - won him critical acclaim, and it is a one-off adaptation of this story of family skeletons in the closet that will appear on ITV on Sunday.
Starring Shane Richie, Pauline Collins and Roger Lloyd-Pack of Only Fools and Horses fame, the programme begins at 9pm, and tells the story of Nick Taylor, whose relationship with his parents is stretched to breaking point when he takes them to Malta on holiday.
You may also want to watch:
He discovers that his father sired a child in the country during the war and the family holiday becomes a quest to track down the long-lost relation.
The author now lives in Richmond-Upon-Thames with his wife and sons.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 Man found dead in March