Students Think Pink For Cancer Charity
ELY students were in the pink last week as they raised money for charity. A group of students at Ely Sixth Form College donned pink clothes to help raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness. The Wear it Pink day was organised by Year 12 administration stude
ELY students were in the pink last week as they raised money for charity.
A group of students at Ely Sixth Form College donned pink clothes to help raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness.
The Wear it Pink day was organised by Year 12 administration students, Holly Saul, Charlotte Badcock, Lisa Monigatti, Jacey Allen, Catherine Harding and Sehrish Hussein.
Their fellow students were asked to donate £1 each for the privilege of wearing something pink, while pink cakes, baked by the college catering staff, raised more cash.
Sehrish said: "As part of our course we had to arrange an event and we decided to raise money for charity at the same time.
"It was a brilliant day and we really enjoyed it. We're doing another event for Children in Need on November 14, when we are all going to come to school dressed in our pyjamas."
- 1 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 2 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 3 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 6 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Here’s what you can expect at Ely Folk Festival 2022
- 10 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
The students were able to donate more than £250 to the charity.
Pic cap: Students from the Sixth Form College at the City of Ely Community College who wore pink to raise money for the Breast Cancer Awareness charity.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE