Students Think Pink For Cancer Charity
ELY students were in the pink last week as they raised money for charity. A group of students at Ely Sixth Form College donned pink clothes to help raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness. The Wear it Pink day was organised by Year 12 administration stude
ELY students were in the pink last week as they raised money for charity.
A group of students at Ely Sixth Form College donned pink clothes to help raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness.
The Wear it Pink day was organised by Year 12 administration students, Holly Saul, Charlotte Badcock, Lisa Monigatti, Jacey Allen, Catherine Harding and Sehrish Hussein.
Their fellow students were asked to donate £1 each for the privilege of wearing something pink, while pink cakes, baked by the college catering staff, raised more cash.
Sehrish said: "As part of our course we had to arrange an event and we decided to raise money for charity at the same time.
"It was a brilliant day and we really enjoyed it. We're doing another event for Children in Need on November 14, when we are all going to come to school dressed in our pyjamas."
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 3 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 4 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Plea to give beloved Reba 'best fighting chance'
- 9 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
- 10 Noise warning issued due to increased flying over RAF Lakenheath
The students were able to donate more than £250 to the charity.
Pic cap: Students from the Sixth Form College at the City of Ely Community College who wore pink to raise money for the Breast Cancer Awareness charity.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE