Students Think Pink For Cancer Charity
ELY students were in the pink last week as they raised money for charity. A group of students at Ely Sixth Form College donned pink clothes to help raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness. The Wear it Pink day was organised by Year 12 administration stude
ELY students were in the pink last week as they raised money for charity.
A group of students at Ely Sixth Form College donned pink clothes to help raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness.
The Wear it Pink day was organised by Year 12 administration students, Holly Saul, Charlotte Badcock, Lisa Monigatti, Jacey Allen, Catherine Harding and Sehrish Hussein.
Their fellow students were asked to donate £1 each for the privilege of wearing something pink, while pink cakes, baked by the college catering staff, raised more cash.
You may also want to watch:
Sehrish said: "As part of our course we had to arrange an event and we decided to raise money for charity at the same time.
"It was a brilliant day and we really enjoyed it. We're doing another event for Children in Need on November 14, when we are all going to come to school dressed in our pyjamas."
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
The students were able to donate more than £250 to the charity.
Pic cap: Students from the Sixth Form College at the City of Ely Community College who wore pink to raise money for the Breast Cancer Awareness charity.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE