Ely College students smash fundraising target yet again at third ‘Charities Day’
- Credit: Archant
Students from Ely College got into the Christmas spirit as they completed a host of challenges to raise more than £4,000.
The college's 'Charities Day' made £4,285 as students came up with ideas for stalls in a bid to raise as much money as possible for their house charities.
This total beat the amount of over £3,000 raised at the previous fundraising event, which is part of the college's PLEDGES project.
A post on social media from Ely College said: "Ely College raised a grand total of £4,285 in December. This beats last year's total by a substantial amount!
"We are very proud of our students and wider community who made this happen.
You may also want to watch:
"As always, a huge thank you to those at home who support this unique PLEDGES and Futures Day with pocket money and props."
The college's PLEDGES project allows students to work together to make informed decisions about their futures and help others.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph