Students explore the world of work at East Cambridgeshire Career and Skills Show
- Credit: Archant
Students were given an insight into the world of work thanks to a career and skills show at Ely Cathedral.
The East Cambridgeshire Career and Skills Show, organised by Ely College, East Cambridgeshire Council and Form the Future, is now in its third year and welcomed students from Ely College, Highfield School, Witchford Village College, Soham Village College, Bottisham Village College, Lakenheath High School and King’s Ely.
A variety of sectors, including the Army, ALS Food and Pharmaceutical and Mitchell Instruments were on hand to offer advice on creating a CV and taking the next steps to their dream role.
Nikki Pritchett of Ely College said: “The event was put together originally to give both employers and students the opportunity to talk to each other about their aspirations for future employees and work.
“I’m so pleased and grateful that local businesses support with not only attending, but sponsoring this event and that schools see the importance of great careers advice.”
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Lis Every said: “The event provided a great opportunity for both employers and young people to take time out of their normal routine and focus on the future. Businesses got to meet potential employees and students were able to explore the many opportunities for employment in the district.
“We are proud to be involved in the event, which echoes the council’s priority for East Cambridgeshire to continue to be a place where people want to live and work.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash