Students from Witchford donate food, toiletries and gifts to Ely Foodbank
- Credit: Archant
Students from Witchford Village College set up a reverse Advent calendar to donate food, toiletries and gifts to help Ely Foodbank.
They decided that they wanted to help the cause at this time of year and spread a little Christmas cheer.
College house managers came up with idea in the lead up to the end of term.
For their generosity, students were rewarded with a RAK (Random Act of Kindness) which equates to house points for their house.
All RAK's were entered into a prize drawer where one winner from each House received a Cineworld voucher.
You may also want to watch:
A college spokesperson said: "We were absolutely blown away with the amount of donations made and our hope of spreading a little cheer has grown to a large amount of cheer, exceeding our expectations by far."
Cathy Wright, manager of the foodbank, visited to accept the donations, which were handed over by the house captains.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review