Stud Worker Fined For Throwing Orange Juice Over Wife
A STUD worker who threw a glass of juice over his wife while she was in bed has been given a one-year-supervision order. James Robertson grabbed Vicky Robertson s chin and then pushed her face away during the incident, Ely magistrates heard on Thursday.
A STUD worker who threw a glass of juice over his wife while she was in bed has been given a one-year-supervision order.
James Robertson grabbed Vicky Robertson's chin and then pushed her face away during the incident, Ely magistrates heard on Thursday.
"This was a classic domestic violence case," prosecutor Olivia Gooding told the court. The couple had rowed over Mrs Robertson's proposed trip to Scotland, she said. Mrs Robertson was in a spare bed when her husband came home from the pub, and he demanded that she return to the bed they shared.
He later grabbed her chin, pulled her face towards him, and then pushed her face away.
You may also want to watch:
"She was scared and felt vulnerable," said Mrs Gooding.
Robertson, of Newmarket Road, Ashley, had previously admitted assaulting his now estranged wife between October 22 and 24. He was ordered to pay £95 costs.
- 1 Man dies after falling from bridge on A14 between Histon and Milton
- 2 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 3 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 4 Delivery riders and drivers wanted as Deliveroo launches in Ely
- 5 Golf club urges locals and dog walkers to ‘respect our private land’
- 6 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
- 7 Letter: Four new members join 'splash pad headquarters'
- 8 My opinion on Fen Biosphere
- 9 Career mentor's 100k charity run aims to raise £1,000
- 10 Councillor says MP Steve Barclay told Tories to return £10k lockdown grant