Strike it Lucky for Soham Swimming Pool
FUNDS for the new school swimming pool at Soham got another boost on Friday when Ely bowling alley Strikes donated �461 to the cause, following a successful bowling challenge match.
FUNDS for the new school swimming pool at Soham received another boost on Friday when Ely bowling alley Strikes donated �461 to the cause.
Last month, Strikes was the venue for a charity bowling event and the cash represented their takings for the evening - bringing the grand total for the night’s fund-raising up to �1,051.
The event at Strikes, included spot prizes, a raffle and Andrew Carr Accountants being declared champions in the corporate bowling competition against Cambridge Building Society.
Strikes presented the money to Sarah Newman, vice chairman of St Andrew’s Swimming Pool Association at a school assembly, taking the new fund raising total to almost �43,000.
You may also want to watch:
INFO: A 24-hour fund-raising Fitathon is being run in association with Crown Garage Soham on April 28. The event will begin at 3pm with a Zumba class and continue with hourly fitness classes for adults and children until 3pm on 29/4/12. You can be sponsored to come along and do as many or as few classes as you want to. For more details email: email@example.com
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 9 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 10 Care home still 'requires improvement'