Stride with pride
ELY Mayor Bryant Watson launched a huge sponsored walk from Cambridge to Ely last week, and encouraged everyone to take part and raise money for Macmillan Cancer Relief. Cllr Watson, along with Ava Paice, president of the fund-raising committee and wife
ELY Mayor Bryant Watson launched a huge sponsored walk from Cambridge to Ely last week, and encouraged everyone to take part and raise money for Macmillan Cancer Relief.
Cllr Watson, along with Ava Paice, president of the fund-raising committee and wife of South East Cambridgeshire MP Jim Paice, met event organiser Emily Rigby in support of the April 2 walk.
The walk, which starts at Jesus Green in Cambridge will follow the rivers Cam and Ouse through the heart of the Fens to raise money for a Macmillan melanoma nurse specialist to be based at Addenbrooke's Hospital.
Cllr Watson said: "It's a great thing to do. It's good for your health and it also raises money for charity."
You may also want to watch:
Walkers can choose between routes spanning 19, 17 or seven miles, and all participants who raise more than £100 will be entered into a prize draw, including tickets for the Cambridge Arts Theatre and a twilight spa evening at Center Parcs.
Emily Rigby said: "Riverside Walk is a fantastic opportunity for people to enjoy a fun day out exploring the Cambridgeshire countryside with their friends and family, whilst raising to help local people living with a cancer diagnosis."
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 Church to hold churchyards training day
INFO: There is a £5 registration fee for the course and walkers are encouraged to raise at least £25 in sponsorship. E-mail: riversidewalk2006macmillan.org.uk, or call the fund-raising office on 01223 577028 for more information.