Stretham Women’s Institute
This was Stretham WI s annual meeting, with rather more formal business than usual. There were apologies given and Ann Few chaired the meeting. WI business went through and a report on the federation meeting at Whittlesey in October. Then followed the com
This was Stretham WI's annual meeting, with rather more formal business than usual. There were apologies given and Ann Few chaired the meeting.
WI business went through and a report on the federation meeting at Whittlesey in October. Then followed the committee members' annual reports and a message from our president, Joy Smith thanking all members from the retiringcommittees for their help and cheerful hard work all year. The list of activities was most impressive for the year.
A new committee was elected with Joy Smith as president for another year.
The speaker for the evening was Catherine Jackson, on Crystals and Crystal Therapy. Members found this intriguing and informative and enjoyed handling many beautiful stones and jewels from all over the planet.
You may also want to watch:
Future Dates: A visit to Little Thetford's new WI December 4, 7.30pm. Stretham's next meeting is December 13, 7.15pm Parish Rooms.
Please bring wrapped present and refreshments as promised. Speaker: Mrs Hilary Sage with her Christmas programme.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely