Stretham Santa swapping his sleigh for a mobility scooter this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
A man will dress up as Santa and transform his mobility scooter into a Christams sleigh in aid of charity.
Arthritis sufferer Albert Tumber, 73, of Meadowcroft, Stretham, is taking part in East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) Cambridge Santa Run on Sunday December 15 on his festive mobility scooter.
His custom sleigh will have a Christmas tree, Reindeer head, lights and a stereo in the front basket which will play Christmas songs. Mr Tumber, who has already raised more than £300, hopes his efforts will inspire other people to sign-up to the event and raise funds for EACH, which supports life-threatened children, young people and their families across Cambridgeshire from its hospice in Milton.
He said: “I’m really looking forward to the Santa Run – it’ll be great fun. We’re getting everything together and can’t wait to transform the scooter into my sleigh.
“I hope my efforts will inspire other people to join in the event and raise funds for what is a really important charity.”
You may also want to watch:
The EACH Cambridge Santa Run takes place at 10am on Sunday December 15. Santas can choose to complete a 1.5km or 2.5km route, both of which start and finish at The Grafton and are suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs.
Well behaved pet dogs on leads are also welcome to take part. You walk, jog or run- it’s up to you.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
Karen Newton, EACH fundraiser, said: “We’re really excited about this year’s event in Cambridge and delighted that Albert has signed-up – he’s an inspiration.”
Adult entry is £10 and includes a Santa suit or £8 without a suit, while entry for those aged 13 and under is £5 and includes a Santa hat.
Participants are encouraged to raise sponsorship.
To enter visit www.each.org.uk/santaruns or call 01223 205180.
To sponsor Albert visit www.each.org.uk/donate and add “Albert Tumber Cambridge Santa Run” in the “reason for donating” box.