Stretham pre-school’s ‘excellent staff’ with ‘brilliant understanding’ praised after ‘good’ Ofsted
- Credit: Archant
The manager of Tiddlywinks Pre-School in Stretham has praised “excellent staff” for helping it to achieve a second, consecutive ‘good’ rating from Ofsted.
In the report inspector Veronica Sharpe, who carried out the inspection in January, says “friendly staff have developed a very good two-way partnership with parents, children become confident communicators and form trusting relationships with staff and managers, and staff form an effective team and work together with enthusiasm”.
It continues to say “they demonstrate a strong commitment to continuously improving the quality of children’s learning experiences. Self-evaluation is ongoing and is successfully used to identify where the provision can be enhanced”.
To improve further, the pre-school should “enhance staff’s use of effective strategies that help children to manage their feelings as appropriate for their age” and “extend the monitoring of the progress of different groups of children to analyse what more can be done to promote outstanding outcomes for all”.
Tiddlywinks is a registered charity managed by a voluntary committee of parents which provides early years education to 20 children aged between two and five.
Susan Yardy said: “We are really pleased to have received our ‘good’ rating from Ofsted, but it could not have been achieved without the support from our excellent staff, committee, parents and all the local businesses that support us.
“Our staff members have a brilliant understanding of how the children develop and what their interests are.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Corporal lines up world record 135km paddleboard trek for 'gleaming' Bobby
“And because of this, they successfully provide a wealth of interesting and playful experiences that capture children’s attention and help them to achieve their next steps.”