Stretham club marks 75 anniversary with fundraiser
Players from across the county visited the club at Stretham to support the event and raised a grand total of �715.
Stretham Bowls Club president Dave Cousins, said: “I know from personal experience how EACH can help a family cope with the loss of a young child.
“Our grandson Tony lived with leukaemia for over nine years and was cared for at the hospice in Milton and passed away there aged 14 in 2002. Since then my wife Val and I have supported EACH by volunteering on a regular basis and we also organise many fundraising activities.
“The bowls club have been a great support and this is the 15th year they’ve chosen to support EACH – having raised a total of more than �15,000 in that time”
EACH Fundraiser Karen Newton added: “I was delighted to attend the charity day at the club and it was great to meet so many lovely people. I would like to thank the club’s committee for their continued support and for all the hard work in organising the day’s activities.”
You may also want to watch:
Stretham Bowls Club are also looking for new members for next year’s season – if you interested in knowing more about the game and the club, please call Dave on 01353 668286.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
- 3 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 4 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 5 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 6 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 7 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 8 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 9 Eggs from Peregrine Falcons nesting on Ely Cathedral rooftop hatch
- 10 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose