Stretham club marks 75 anniversary with fundraiser
Stretham Bowls Club Chose East Anglia’S Children’S Hospice (Each) To Benefit From Their 75Th Anniversary Celebrations.
Players from across the county visited the club at Stretham to support the event and raised a grand total of �715.
Stretham Bowls Club president Dave Cousins, said: “I know from personal experience how EACH can help a family cope with the loss of a young child.
“Our grandson Tony lived with leukaemia for over nine years and was cared for at the hospice in Milton and passed away there aged 14 in 2002. Since then my wife Val and I have supported EACH by volunteering on a regular basis and we also organise many fundraising activities.
“The bowls club have been a great support and this is the 15th year they’ve chosen to support EACH – having raised a total of more than �15,000 in that time”
EACH Fundraiser Karen Newton added: “I was delighted to attend the charity day at the club and it was great to meet so many lovely people. I would like to thank the club’s committee for their continued support and for all the hard work in organising the day’s activities.”
Stretham Bowls Club are also looking for new members for next year’s season – if you interested in knowing more about the game and the club, please call Dave on 01353 668286.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 6 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Magpas Air Ambulance doctor, Anne, shortlisted for national award
- 9 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 10 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection