Stretham club marks 75 anniversary with fundraiser
Players from across the county visited the club at Stretham to support the event and raised a grand total of �715.
Stretham Bowls Club president Dave Cousins, said: “I know from personal experience how EACH can help a family cope with the loss of a young child.
“Our grandson Tony lived with leukaemia for over nine years and was cared for at the hospice in Milton and passed away there aged 14 in 2002. Since then my wife Val and I have supported EACH by volunteering on a regular basis and we also organise many fundraising activities.
“The bowls club have been a great support and this is the 15th year they’ve chosen to support EACH – having raised a total of more than �15,000 in that time”
EACH Fundraiser Karen Newton added: “I was delighted to attend the charity day at the club and it was great to meet so many lovely people. I would like to thank the club’s committee for their continued support and for all the hard work in organising the day’s activities.”
You may also want to watch:
Stretham Bowls Club are also looking for new members for next year’s season – if you interested in knowing more about the game and the club, please call Dave on 01353 668286.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 4 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
- 9 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online