Stretham author’s much-loved characters get their own TV show
STRETHAM author Jean Adamson is to have her much-loved characters Topsy and Tim appear as TV characters for the first time.
The new show, based on the original books, will appear on pre-school children’s channel CBeebies and will be the channel’s first live action drama.
Each episode will follow the five-year-old twins as they experience life, from moving house to washing the car and their first day at school.
The programmes will go out for the first time in 2014.
Mrs Adamson, 84, and her husband Gareth created the characters in 1959 and, since then, has sold more than 21 million copies of the books, of which there are 130 titles.
Mrs Adamson told the BBC: “I am delighted at the wonderful new opportunities that are opening up for my little characters, Topsy and Tim.
“They will be stepping out of their books and on to television and I can’t wait to see how Darrall Macqueen plans to present them.”
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 4 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 5 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 8 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
“We have been searching for our first-ever live action drama for CBeebies for some time and we are delighted to bring the wonderful stories of Topsy and Tim to a brand new audience,” CBeebies controller Kay Benbow added.