Straw fire in Soham, caravan blaze in Manea and shed fire in Queen Adelaide
- Credit: Archant
Cambs fire crews have been called to three different blazes in the East Cambs and Fenland area over the last few days.
One crew from Soham was called to a deliberate fire on Sand Street in Soham on Sunday September 3 at 5.19pm.
Firefighters arrived to find a fire involving four one-tonne straw bales. They extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their station by 7.25pm.
Then, at 10.22pm last night (Wednesday September 6) one crew from Manea was called to a deliberate fire on Station Road in Manea.
Firefighters arrived to find a caravan on fire and extinguished it using a hose reel. They returned to their station by 11.10pm.
You may also want to watch:
Late last night, one crew from Ely was called to a fire on Branch Bank in Queen Adelaide at around 1.16am.
Firefighters arrived to find a fire in a shed that was spreading to nearby trees and shrubbery.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 Man found dead in March
They extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their station by 3.40am.
Anyone with information about any of these incidents should contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.