Woman in critical condition after crashing into lorry parked in lay-by on A14 at Stow-cum-Quy
- Credit: Archant
A woman is in critical condition after she was involved in a collision with a lorry which was parked up in a lay-by on the A14.
The crash happened at Stow-cum-Quy last night (Monday October 29).
The woman, who is in her 40s, was driving her blue 2007 plate Ford Fiesta on the A14 eastbound towards Newmarket at about 6.20pm when the crash happened.
Sergeant Simon Goldsmith, from the Beds, Cambs and Herts Road Policing Unit, said: “We are keen to speak with any motorists who were on that stretch of road around the time of the collision in order to help us establish the series of events.
“I am particularly keen to identify the driver of a lorry who we believe pulled out of the lay-by just moments before the collision.
You may also want to watch:
“There was also a lorry parked up which was carrying two tractors.”
Anyone with information should contact the Road Policing Unit by calling 101 and quoting incident 357 of October 29.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse