Cambridgeshire pub forced to remove ‘unsafe’ sign as Storm Ciara hits the county
- Credit: Facebook/The Fox Burwell
A Cambridgeshire pub was forced to remove its sign after it became ‘unsafe’ as Storm Ciara ploughed through the county.
Firefighters were called out to The Fox in Burwell on Sunday, February 9 after the storm turned their innocent signage into a potential hazard.
Bob Taylor, landlord, said: "It was an interesting day! I couldn't figure out who would be able to get up there in the 'light breeze' and I don't do heights, or stunts!
"Thanks to Sophie Jean for suggesting and organising our local heroes to come and save the day and thanks to Burwell Fire brigade for being so splendid.
"Yes, they were offered drinks and yes the sign will go up again. I guess it needs some refurbishment and no worries Stacey Hurrion, I was informed quite early on.
You may also want to watch:
"Such a smart fellow I am. Who has ladders and harnesses and would help us out at short notice in the interest of safety?"
"Hope all your fences are intact," he joked after sharing pictures of the fire crew outside the pub, dismantling the sign.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody