Stock up now to save on winter fuel, Ely CAB say
ELY’S Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) is urging households in East Cambs who rely on heating oil to stock up now to avoid higher costs in the winter months.
Fuel is typically more expensive between December and February and the CAB says those who leave it to the last minute to get their fuel can end up paying more than double.
By buying early, the CAB says householders can cut the costs and have the supplies ready to combat the chilly times ahead.
The drive is part of a national campaign call Buy Oil Early with Consumer Focus, ACRE, Citizens Advice Bureau and the Federation of Petroleum Suppliers.
Ely CAB chief officerBeverley Howard said: “Winter is well on its way and the recent colder temperatures will fill many people with a sense of dread – as they switch the heating back on; their spending goes up.
You may also want to watch:
“But by being prepared and buying heating oil now, being warm this winter doesn’t have to break the bank.”
For details of opening times of the CAB website go to www.ruralcambscab.org.uk or ring 0845 130 6442.
- 1 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose
- 2 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 3 Boy, 14, to wear electronic tag and obey curfew after admitting harassment
- 4 Letters: No praise for Palmer, litter picker success and neglected roads
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 7 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 8 Firefighters tackle deliberate barn blaze for more than four hours
- 9 Family 'thrilled' as pair's lockdown locks raise charity cash
- 10 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride