Stock up now to save on winter fuel, Ely CAB say
ELY’S Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) is urging households in East Cambs who rely on heating oil to stock up now to avoid higher costs in the winter months.
Fuel is typically more expensive between December and February and the CAB says those who leave it to the last minute to get their fuel can end up paying more than double.
By buying early, the CAB says householders can cut the costs and have the supplies ready to combat the chilly times ahead.
The drive is part of a national campaign call Buy Oil Early with Consumer Focus, ACRE, Citizens Advice Bureau and the Federation of Petroleum Suppliers.
Ely CAB chief officerBeverley Howard said: “Winter is well on its way and the recent colder temperatures will fill many people with a sense of dread – as they switch the heating back on; their spending goes up.
You may also want to watch:
“But by being prepared and buying heating oil now, being warm this winter doesn’t have to break the bank.”
For details of opening times of the CAB website go to www.ruralcambscab.org.uk or ring 0845 130 6442.
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 5 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 6 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 7 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 8 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby