Still time to have your say on East Cambridgeshire boundary change proposals
- Credit: Archant
There are just a few days left for people to tell the independent Local Government Boundary Commission for England where they think new council ward boundaries should be drawn across East Cambridgeshire.
The commission is carrying out an electoral review of East Cambridgeshire which means re-drawing ward boundaries across the district. The commission is asking local people for their views on new warding arrangements before it draws up its recommendations.
The commission will consider all views put to it during the consultation and aims to publish draft recommendations for new ward boundaries for East Cambridgeshire District Council in November.
In June, the commission agreed that the council should have 27 councillors in the future: twelve fewer than the current arrangements. It now aims to draw up ward boundaries that mean each of those councillors represents a similar number of voters and that the new wards reflect the interest and identities of local communities.
Max Caller, chairman of the commission, said: “We will consider every submission we receive from local people before we draw up draft recommendations. We will then open another phase of consultation on those proposals in November. Don’t miss this chance to have your say on how your council is run.”
You may also want to watch:
This phase of public consultation closes on August 31.
Consultation responses should be sent to: The Review Officer (East Cambridgeshire), 14th floor, Millbank Tower, London, SW1P 4QP. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Go directly to the Commission’s consultation portal at: www.consultation.lgbce.org.uk
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
Link to dedicated web page for the East Cambridgeshire electoral review at: www.lgbce.org.uk/current-reviews/eastern/cambridgeshire/east-cambridgeshire