Knife man jailed for 14 weeks including three weeks for assaulting three police officers
- Credit: Cambs Cops
An Ely man is behind bars after being jailed for possessing a Stanley knife in Littleport.
Steve Barnes, 32, was sentenced by Cambridge magistrates after changing his plea and admitting he was carrying the knife in Cottier Drive.
He was jailed for a total of 14 weeks including eight weeks for possession of the knife which the court ordered to be destroyed.
Barnes received three weeks of the overall sentence for assaulting and beating a woman on January 4. A restraining order was out in place to stop him contacting the victim.
The remaining three weeks were imposed for assaulting three police officers in Littleport on January 5.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates said they took the defendant’s guilty plea into into account when imposing sentence.
The court met in Cambridge on May 14. Barnes, of Lynn Road, Ely, had a further case of assault dismissed.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation