More than 70 children took part in a country dance festival. Pupils from Fordham, Isleham, Kennett, St Andrew s and The Weatheralls primary schools gathered at St Andrew s Primary for a dance festival. The children had been attending clubs before and afte
More than 70 children took part in a country dance festival.
Pupils from Fordham, Isleham, Kennett, St Andrew's and The Weatheralls primary schools gathered at St Andrew's Primary for a dance festival.
The children had been attending clubs before and after school, funded by Big Lottery through the Witchford Sports Partnership.
Jane Ward, school sports co-ordinator and organiser of the festival, said: "It was wonderful to see so many children enjoying dancing and being confident about performing in front of an audience. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
"We hope that this kind of dancing will continue in the schools and that there will be an annual dance festival.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 Man found dead in March