Bishop of Ely Stephen Conway ‘too pleased’ after being appointed patron of Marshal Papworth Fund
- Credit: Archant
The Right Revered Stephen Conway has said he is “too pleased” to be appointed patron of the Marshal Papworth Fund.
Right Revd Conway has become patron of the charitable fund which educates agricultural and horticultural students from developing countries.
Formed in 2001, the Marshal Papworth Fund runs scholarships and short course programmes from funds donated from farmer Marshal Papworth.
Right Revd Conway said: “I have long enjoyed an association with the East of England Agricultural Society, so when I was asked to help support the great work that the charity undertakes I was only too pleased.
“I have played a major role in building up links with Churches overseas and have travelled to South Sudan and Latvia on behalf of the Diocese of Salisbury and Vellore in South India as Bishop of Ely.”
You may also want to watch:
Tom Arthey, Marshal Papworth Fund chairman, said: “We are thrilled that Bishop Stephen has become the fund’s patron.
“We look forward to working closely with him to identify and nurture potential partners, sponsors and advocates to help us secure the fund’s future and enable many more agricultural students from developing countries to benefit from our scholarships.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 Heroin dealer kept machete at home