Photos show aftermath of major fire on guided busway involving car and a bus - there were ‘no major injuries’
- Credit: Archant
Cambs Fire have released these photos of the aftermath of a collision between a car and guided bus that went up in flames in Longstanton this morning.
There were no major injuries as passengers were quickly evacuated from the blaze when crews arrived in Station Road at 9.31am.
Passengers and eyewitnesses posted photos from the scene showing large plumes of black smoke and both vehicles well alight.
One eyewitness reported that it appeared the car caught light first before the flames spread to the nearby bus.
Passengers on the bus were asked to walk the two miles back to Swavesey after all services were cancelled.
You may also want to watch:
A Cambs Fire spokesman said: "Three crews from Cambridge, one crew from Cottenham and one crew from St Ives arrived to find a bus and car fully engulfed in flames after a collision.
"Firefighters extinguished the fire using hose reels and one casualty was taken to hospital by ambulance crews.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
"Crews returned to their stations by 2.15pm."