Stan, 90, plays an accordion and sings for neighbours during coronavirus lockdown
- Credit: Art Kelleway
A 90-year-old Ely resident plays a piano accordion every week to entertain his neighbours during the coronavirus lockdown.
For the last four Sundays, Stan Butcher, of Lansdowne Close, sings and plays for residents on his driveway between 3:30pm and 4:30pm.
His music has even attracted audience members out on their daily exercise.
In a letter to the Ely Standard, Stan’s neighbour Art Kelleway, said: “Thank goodness the weather has been such that we have been able to sit out and enjoy his performance.
“Not only do the local residents enjoy but at times those non-local residents taking their daily walking exercise during these difficult times will stop and listen to his great music and when continuing their walk applaud.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “I can only on behalf of Lansdowne residents say a big thank you to Stan who is a diamond at these difficult times.”
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on