Soham s award-winning Viva Youth Theatre group is hoping to return to the prestigious Edinburgh Fringe Festival in August with its latest production. Viva Youth Theatre performed the musical Fame at last year s festival to a sold-out audience, notching u
Soham's award-winning Viva Youth Theatre group is hoping to return to the prestigious Edinburgh Fringe Festival in August with its latest production.
Viva Youth Theatre performed the musical Fame at last year's festival to a sold-out audience, notching up a Fringe award in the process.
The group hopes to follow up this success with Back to the 80s, a musical based around classic hits of the decade that gave us Prince and Madonna, but the race is now on to raise the £16,000 needed to fund the trip.
Martha Hazelden, youth arts co-ordinator at the group, said: "Rehearsals are going extremely well with an enthusiastic and focused cast - our main challenge this year will be raising the funds to get this small but dedicated group on the road and up to Edinburgh."
In a bid to reach this target, the youth section of the group has organised a cabaret night, on Friday, June 23, at the Ross Peers Sports Centre, Soham.
Admission is just £2 (£1.50 concessions), and promises to be a packed programme of entertainment, with all money raised going towards the trip.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 4 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 5 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 6 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 7 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 8 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 9 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 10 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
The cast is also hoping to find sponsors for the trip to Edinburgh. Anyone who is interested can contact the group on the number below.
INFO: Tickets for the event are available from The Viva Centre, 7 Churchgate Street, Soham, or from Martha Hazelden on 01353 722228.