Staff do their bit
Staff at the Princess of Wales Hospital in Ely have raised £120 for Liam s Fund. Porters Elf and Safety were joined by staff from reception and the outpatients department. They dressed up in fancy dress and organised a collection around the hospital.
Staff at the Princess of Wales Hospital in Ely have raised £120 for Liam's Fund.
Porters 'Elf and Safety' were joined by staff from reception and the outpatients department. They dressed up in fancy dress and organised a collection around the hospital.
The Ely Standard launched its year-long fund-raising campaign Liam's Fund last month to support Liam Fairhurst who is trying to raise £100,000 for the children's cancer charity CLIC Sargent.
The 12-year-old decided to raise money for CLIC last August when his friend, Jack Wilkinson, also aged 12, died from the disease.
You may also want to watch:
The pair met at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge when Liam was receiving treatment for a cancerous growth in his leg. Sadly, Liam's cancer returned at the start of this year, but he is making a good recovery and his dad Mark told us that Liam has recently returned to school on a part-time basis.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station