Staff at Fordham firm recognised with healthy heart award
- Credit: Archant
DS Smith employees in Fordham are celebrating after receiving an award from national charity Heart Research UK for championing the health of its employees.
Working with the charity, the packaging and supply cycle specialist has encouraged employees to think about small changes they can make to improve their health and wellbeing.
This has involved one-to-one lifestyle health checks for staff provided by Heart Research UK.
DS Smith is also working closely with Cambridgeshire County Council’s public health team to develop volunteer Fordham workplace health champions.
The volunteers help, advise and support fellow employees with a range of health issues, such as mental health, healthy eating and smoking cessation.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Andersson, operations director at DS Smith, said: “We’re honoured to have received this award and it’s the result of lots of hard work from Heart Research UK and DS Smith. It’s also exciting to see our health champions developing their knowledge and skills.”
DS Smith has launched the healthy heart checks across its 31 sites – including at Ely and Burwell.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
To find out more about Heart Research UK and healthy heart initiatives in the workplace visit: http://heartresearch.org.uk/